Know your rights and responsibilities concerning the proper and ethical use of technology on campus by reading the policies, standards and guidelines set down by federal, state and UCF policymakers on our IT Policies, Security Standards and Guidelines page.
UCF Policies and Standards
- UCF IT Policies: http://policies.ucf.edu/
- Under “Technology and Communications”
- UCF Computer Security Standards
- UCF Server Standards
- UCF Server Security Standards
- IT staff can access additional security standards and guidelines
- Including the UCF Password Standards
State and Federal Policies and Guidelines
- Florida Computer Crimes Act
Computer users shall comply with all applicable user conduct codes and rules, laws, and regulations governing the use of computer and telecommunications resources under Chapter 815, Florida Statutes, Computer Crimes Act.
- The United States Code
This is a current copy of the US Code if there is a specific federal law you want to visit.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
A must read for all cut and paste aficionados, download experts, xerox machine enthusiasts, and plagiarists.
The Health Information Portability and Accountability Act
Request further information or send your feedback to email@example.com.